Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busy week w/ the boys

Well, let's face it...life with kids is always busy. But it seems we've been going non-stop this week and I'm ready to just crash this weekend. Yes, that's right...sleep in and just sit on my butt and do nothing!
Evan had his "job shadow" this week for his Choices (career) class at school this week. His shadow was at the veterinary hospital here in town. There were three patients while he was there. He watched a surgery...a dog came in to get neutered. And I do think Evan excused himself to the restroom during part of it, LOL! Then there was a kitty there to be declawed. She was having some "issues" after her procedure and he was allowed to help pet and soothe her, which he loved. Then there was a 16 year old cat who was ill that came in to be examined. I think he had a good visit. And although he loves animals and loves working with animals...he has decided he loves working with them more on the "rescue level" and not the "veterinary" level. So it was a good experience. He is thinking culinary school is still in his future...no veterinary plans for Evan.

Both of the boys had their dental check-ups this week. Nate on Monday and Evan on Tuesday. Neither of them had any cavities and I was very excited about that. Evan does have three baby teeth that need to be extracted though...his adult teeth came in "next to" them instead of below them and pushing them out. So...we have a referral to an oral surgeon. And of course our plan doesn't cover oral surgery, so somehow we'll have to figure out how to fit that into the budget. Oh joy.
Of course there was church/Royal Rangers on Wednesday. And then I also have another "situation" I had to deal with, with the business this week. It never ends...ya know. There's always something. But we shall see how that turns out. For now I have a knot in my stomach and a stress headache...so...I'll keep ya posted on that one.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment