Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

My online sisters...

I would like to pray...that I am ALWAYS the kind of friend to people, that I have always dreamed of having.
To always be there...
With a listening ear...
A shoulder to cry on...
Loyal...
Dependable...
Trustworthy...
Comfortable...
I want them to feel comfortable always coming to me...sharing anything that they are celebrating...struggling with...crying over...

I don't want to be the friend that...
Is just an acquaintence...
Someone they'll say, "Oh my friend Melody..."
But we have never shared secrets...
We've never been silly together...
We've never cried for each other...
We've never prayed for one another...
I don't want to get so busy...
That we can never take time for one another.


No one...
No one...
No one...
...understands some of the friendships I have.
I have some of the most amazing online friends.
Not just people I "chat" with or "send messages to."
I have girlfriends online from various "spots" (mommy sites, local groups, career support groups, etc.)...
And we have been friends...some of us...for as many as 5 or more years.
Yet some people don't "get it".
"How" they say "can you be friends with someone you've never met face to face?"
They seem to think that if you can't "see" a person with your eyes, you can't trust them...you don't really know them.
Well...
I'm here to tell you...the girls I've bonded with over the years...we not only "chat", "post", "message", and "e-mail" each other.
We call each other on the phone.
We check on each other.
We exchange letters, cards, photos, and gifts.
We know EVERYTHING about each other.
Yes...there have been some "bad seeds" we've weeded out over the years.
You can't trust everyone.
You have to be very careful.
But I'm here to say...
My best friends are the ones I've never actually gotten to meet face to face.



Most people can't understand the connection.
Maybe it's because they feel the need to "see" someone physically.
I don't know.
I've tried the face to face thing.
For me personally...
It just doesn't pan out.
You make plans...
They cancel.
You call them...
They don't return your calls.
I've had too many empty promises.
But my online "sisters"...
I know I can get online when I'm upset...
And one of them is there for me to talk me through a problem.
One of them will pray with me over a struggle.
One of them will "virtual hug" me when I need it.
One of them will rejoice when I celebrate.
One of them will act silly with me when I'm goofy.
I get honesty.
I get dependability.
I get love.
I get loyalty.
Personally...I think God placed these individual girls in my life.
It "works" for me.
It "works" for them.
We are ALWAYS there for each other.
When we don't see each other online...
One of us is calling each other to check on us.
So...
For those of you who think it's crazy...
It's not real...
Don't feel sorry for us...
It works for us.
We love each other.
We've been there for each other for years.
I consider my online sisters whom I've never seen face to face...
(you know who you are)
MY BEST FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!
I am eternally grateful for God bringing you all into my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment