Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

My bargain shopper Nate!

Nate always likes to go with me when I do my weekly Walgreens run.
Well, now that he and Ev have their paper route, they have some extra spending money. We're trying to teach them to save, give, and spend wisely.
So, yesterday we're at Walgreens...and anyone who knows Nate...knows he LOVES stuffed animals of any kind...Webkinz, Build-A-Bear, Beanies, whatever.
So we see their Easter merchandise has arrived and they have these cute little gift bags stuffed with Lil Kinz for $6.99. It was a hard decision for Nate. He was just torn on what to do. He wanted it so bad. It was a cute little bunny. I told him, "You never know...maybe you'll find one in your Easter basket!" He said, "That's a long time to wait mom." LOL! So I said, "Well they're going to have them for a while, why don't you just wait this week and we'll think about it some more." I could tell he wanted to wait, yet wanted to buy it, yet was so conflicted. Well as we walked, we came across the Valentine's Day things that were on 50% clearance. He found ONE, and only ONE Valentine's Day Lil Kinz in a gift bag...just like the Easter ones except it was a poodle in a bag. He said, "Is this one 50% off?" I somehow doubted it because it was actually a Webkinz and I thought they were only marking the generic Valentine's Day things off...but we checked...and sure enough, it was clearanced at $2.99!!! Woohoo! So that made Nate's mind up! He got his cute little poodle and named him "Poodley", LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment