Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Deck The Halls...and we're still not done!

Today was Thanksgiving and after our feast, I promised the boys we'd decorate. As you can see from the pics, at our house, it doesn't end with the tree. The picture above is my sparkly little snowmen that hang every year from our patio/deck slider doors. I got them at the Dollar Store YEARS ago and I thought they were just adorable.

These are one of my favorites. Mom gave me these many years ago. They are little heart shaped wreaths connected together with red ribbon. I always hang them from my dining room window. I think they're so cute!


And wouldn't it figure, I don't even have OUR stockings hung yet (or pictures of them)...but I have Oreo's hung and pictures taken! LOL!



This is also a door hanging that is special to me because my late Aunt Cindy gave it to me. When she gave it to us, it had all of our names on it (Jamie, Melody, and Evan)...but then along came Nate and I had to tack his name on there too, LOL!


This is my little teddy bear tree. Another "mom" creation. She has given me so many things over the years. She's so darn crafty and I appreciate all the things she's given me! As a matter of fact, I think she gave me that little set of Christmas coasters next to the tree too! LOL!


I can't believe I still remember where this little angel basket came from! I got this when I was teaching preschool at First Assembly Christian Daycare/Preschool from a little boy named Kyle. He gave it to me and it had little golden ornaments in it as well...and they are hanging on my tree still to this day!


The "Noel Train"...yep, you guessed it. I do believe mom gave me this too many years ago. I think it's so darn cute! I usually sit it in the downstairs bathroom on the sink, but this year it found it's way to the top of the tv in the family room.



No...the decorating doesn't end in the living room, the family room, the kitchen, or the dining room for that matter. In our house, it even extends to the bathroom. Yes...we have Christmas towels hanging up too!


These are a few little things sitting in the downstairs bathroom as well. More Christmas towels and some little glass trees that (you guessed it) mom gave to me a LONG time ago!




This little basket sits in the downstairs bathroom too. I don't remember where the basket came from. The little soaps are Avon if I remember right...super old, just decorative. If you picked one of the little wreath soaps up, you'd see there's little teeth marks in it. Nate thought it was "green chocolate" one year when he was about two years old and he tried to taste it, LOL! I love these towels because they have kitties on them and say, "Meowy Christmas".


This is my little elf bulletin board. A former daycare girl gave it to me. I like to hang it up now so I can tack up notes/reminders for my clients to see.




Mom gave me this little Santa basket as a gift one year. I use this for daycare too so that parents can drop schedule changes or notes to me in it.




This is part of my snowman collection that stays up all winter. The first little ceramic house has a snowman painted on it. Jill LeBlanc made if for me a long time ago. It's really darling. The next on is a candle holder that my mom painted. The next is a little sled with two snowmen sledding together. Then there's a cute sparkly snowman ornament. Followed by a snowman candy dish that my mom painted!


This is one of our end tables...just a few odds and ends...some Santa coasters, a Santa jar, my "kissy mice", and a snow globe.



This is the coffee table. Mom made the centerpiece (of course). I've collected several candles and candle holders over the years. Then there's a couple tealight candle holders (Santa and a reindeer) and several angel figures.


These are two of my favorite candy baskets...guess who made them? Yep, my momma! Too cute! Love my snowman coasters too!

This is pretty much "Snowman Corner", LOL! I strung lights in my croton plant and have a stack of hat boxes with snowmen on them. To the other side there's my snowman "board" that mom created out of a plank of wood...he's too cute! Then there's my plump little snowwoman...I love her! There's the cute little snowman "pillow" and a couple stuffed snowmen plush dolls too.

This is "MY" village...yes, it's small...but it's all I got. LOL! The boys, in so many words, told me last night that my village is "lame" compared to Geeg's. LOL! I said, "Well everything you see here, Geeg gave to us". They told me that ours is literally a "village"...and compared to Geeg's...well, her's is like "NEW YORK CITY" they told me. Yes, Geeg does have the ULTIMATE village that spans many rooms of her house. It is amazing!


I love this area in my windows...the two swags...well I'm sure you know who made them! She did an amazing job! I love the way they look in my windows. She gave me the reindeer too. I'm so blessed to have such a crafty and generous momma.
And finally...
The tree!
I love our tree. It just reminds me of a good old fashion tree. Each ornament represents something from our past together as a couple or family. We bought our Winnie The Pooh tree skirt back when Evan was born and had a Pooh nursery...we were quite the Pooh addicts back then, LOL! We have the "egg" ornament from our friends who are missionaries to Hungary. We have loads of ornaments both of the boys have made in school. We have an ornament from Geeg and Papa from pretty much every year since we got married. We have ornaments from our special friends Dave and Jenna. We have photo ornaments. Hand crafted ornaments. Detroit Lions ornaments. Kitty ornaments. Yes...each ornament on our tree is special. I've always loved "themed" trees...but I don't know if I'll ever do one. Our tree reflects so many special memories and times in our family's life. We still have a few more things to put up today...haven't hung the stockings and need to put up a few things outdoors...here's to good weather! We hope you have a very blessed, healthy, and enjoyable holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Love all your decorations Melly! You always have the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete