Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taco Casserole


I always love sharing a recipe when our family finds a new one that we fall in love with. I think I've shared with you before that Jamie and I find many new recipes in the newspaper. This one is now an all time favorite...we hope you like it too!
Taco Casserole
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1/3 c. chopped onion
1 c. water
1 package (8 oz.) crescent roll dough
2 c. crushed Doritos
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation:
In skillet, brown ground beef and onions over medium heat, breaking up meat into small chunks. Drain fat. To the browned meat, add water and taco seasoning mix. Simmer about 5 minutes.
Do no separate crescent rolls. Place dough on bottom of a greased 9X11 baking dish, pressing dough to fit. Spread with 1 c. crushed Doritos, then cover with meat mixture. Spread sour cream over meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese and remaining crushed Doritos.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melody, Thanks for leaving me comments over at my place. I try to email people after they comment but I don't have your email. If your willing, send it to me and I can email you next time. The taco casserole sounds great. I think my two little ones would like it and I know hubby will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a recipe called Nacho Pie and it is the same ingredients, lol ... just made in a pie plate! I found my recipe at mommyskitchen ... LOVE this stuff! Making it in a 9x13 would be better for our family - then I wouldn't have to make two pies! :)

    ReplyDelete