Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ok, lesson learned...the hard way...


Ok, so for "ME"...I've really jumped on alot of the technology bandwagon...
I'd rather e-mail than talk on the phone...
I blog...
I'm on facebook...
I'm on myspace...
I'm on cafemom...
I'm part of a childcare providers forum/support group...
I have a webiste for my business...
Whoa...back it up right there...
The website.
That's where it all happened.
I have "MOST" of my website saved on backup of some kind...
Be it a paper copy, a file in my computer, even some things in my photobucket! LOL!
But...
A while back, our computer crashed.
We were able to get it fixed.
BUT...
We lost everything on it.
Well...
I survived because everything was saved either on my website, my photobucket, or on paper.
WELL...
NOW...
It's my WEBSITE that's down!
I just realized, there are a FEW things I never did save on backup after the computer crash.
I was in a panic.
I couldn't log onto my site.
I couldn't get into the server's site at all to ask questions.
I found their phone number through a friend but their line was busy.
LUCKILY...
I found their fan page on FACEBOOK!
HOORAY for FACEBOOK!!!
Once again, facebook to the rescue!
So...
I was able to become a "fan" and find out what was going on...after much panic.
There was a message posted that EVERYONE was having this same problem.
It was HUGE problem going on with their site, and to make a long story short, they are working on fixing it right now.
So...
Just as I was about to give up and leave the world of technology, LOL (not really)...I find out it's all gonna be ok.
Guess what I'll be doing tonight?
Yup...you guessed it...
Saving EVERYTHING on some form of backup!
Lesson learned...the hard way!

No comments:

Post a Comment