Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

FamilyFare and Meijer bargains



I had some really great shopping trips this week and stocked up on a lot of necessities.



First we'll start at Family Fare...


They had certain promotional items listed in their weekly flyer, and if you purchases ten of them they would give you $5.00 off your entire bill. So I looked for some items that we needed.


My boys LOVE Velveeta Shells and Cheese and it makes a quick dinner on Wednesday night before church for them. Family Fare has them regularly priced at $2.19, which I know is high, but on sale for $1.69. Walmart carries them for $1.50. But with this sale/promo going on, I was able to get them for $1.19 a box. Not bad! I grabbed six!


To round out my ten items I stocked up on Maxwell House coffee which is regular $4.99 a can (again high) but it was on sale for $2.49. By purchasing four and rounding out my ten items I was able to get it down to $1.99. BUT!!!...I also had coupons for Save $1.00 on two...so I used two of those and got the final price down to $1.49 a can! So we're set on coffee for a while!


They also had Spartan butter regular $2.99 on sale for $1.69 so I grabbed one of those too.

My final tally was:
Spent: $14.79
Saved: $21.03

Saved more than I spent...now that's the way to shop!


Next came my trip to Meijer...

They had the Bic Soleil Razors Buy a razor get a refill blade pack FREE. So priced at $6.99 for the razor I used a $2.00 coupon and took it down to $4.99. When you divide the price by the two it's like getting them for less than $2.50 each!

Campbells gravy...regular $1.25 a can...on sale for 50 cents a can...used a 50 cents off four coupon and got them for just over 37 cents a can.

Betty Crocker frosting...regular $1.92...on sale for $1.49...use a 50 cent man. coupon on each and pair it with a Meijer Meal Box coupon for Save $1.00 on four...and get them for 74 cents each!

Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes...regular $1.87 a piece...on sale for $1.79...use a man. coupon for 40 cents off each one...pair it with a Meijer Meal Box coupon for $1.00 off two...and pay only 89 cents a piece.

Pillsbury Strudels...regular $2.08...on sale for $1.99...use a $1.00 coupon...pay 99 cents.

Yoplait Delights...regular $2.50...on sale for $1.99...use a $1.00 coupon...pay 99 cents.

Bob Evans sausage rolls...regular $3.89...on sale for $1.99...use a 35 cent coupon...pay only $1.64.

Those were the best of the best this week.
My totals at Meijer were:
Spent: $53.11
Saved: $41.36
Not bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment