Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Family time

Yesterday we had a long over-due family day. Waaaaay too much computer time, video games, and tv had been going on. I had been thinking about it and hashing it over in my mind...that we really needed to turn it all off and spend some quality time together.

We played games...Rack-O is a long time favorite. Jamie and I played it countless times when we were engaged and early married. Now the boys love it as well.



I took the boys for a walk. Nothing gets conversation going better than when there's nothing else to do but...walk...and talk.

We ended up walking around the corner to McDonalds and I let them get dollar sundaes. Again...more fun conversation. And no bickering or fighting.




We had a day full of yummy food too. Nothing like good eats to round out a day of fun...pizza, popcorn, chips and dip...and of course the boys had their sundaes. Jamie and I enjoyed McCafes instead.

After making sure all homework was done, backpacks were packed, and everything was signed...we watched The Amazing Race...a new favorite of all of ours.

It was nothing major...and the boys didn't know I planned it...but I was proud that I managed to at least to get them "unplugged" for a while and spend some time as a family.

I think we need to do this again...soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment