Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wonderful Walgreens!


I have to say...that in the past eleven months, I have become quite the fan of Walgreens. I never used to shop there because I considered them to be "expensive". I always thought they had quite the "mark-up" on most items. And on many things, they do. But some things are quite reasonable. AND...if you learn to coupon, bargain shop from the sale flyer, and use Register Rewards...you can come away with some real steals!!! I even have to LIMIT myself some weeks, LOL!
Today Nate and I ventured out and got some real bargains...
I did two transactions so I could turn right around and use my Register Rewards asap.
First...
Ricola cough drops...regular $2.79...on sale for $1.00...Register Reward $1.00...FREE!
Aussie Sprunch...regular $3.99...on sale for $2.99...used a $1.00 coupon making it $1.99...got a $2.00 Register Reward...essentially making it FREE plus one penny overage! :)
Next transaction...
First off, I have been saying for the longest time, "WE NEED A NAIL BRUSH"...with two messy boys...they really need a nail brush to scrub up most days. So as I went to the health and beauty aids, I noticed they had a Buy 1, Get 1 @ 50% off on their Studio 35 line. So I got a nail brush for $2.99 (not bad) and I decided to "treat" myself to a luxury...something I have always wanted to try. And most of you who know me as the "diva"... or "princess" as a few others call me (I'm not really...ok, so I'm a little prissy)...you will not believe it when I tell you that I have NEVER owned or even TRIED an eyelash curler. Well, I decided it was high time. My lashes are soooo wimpy, sparse, and fair. But that's another post, I'll let ya know how it turns out, LOL! Anywho...so I got it half off...for $1.50. Woohoo!
Next on the agenda...Evan's and my favorite...Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice. We don't buy it frequently...usually only for New Year's Eve ( or Ev's b-day)...regular $3.79...on sale for $2.50. Stocking that away for the holiday!
Betty Crocker boxed potatoes...regular $2.29...on sale for 99 cents...used a 40 cent man. coupon...paid 59 cents...got two.
Stove Top Stuffing...regular $2.29...on sale for 99 cents...got two to stock up for Turkey Day!
Goldfish Crackers...on sale for $1.50...used a 75 cent man. coupon...paid 75 cents...grabbed two.
French's french fried onions...regular $1.99...on sale for 99 cents...used a 75 cent coupon...paid 24 cents!
Paper plates...regular $1.79...on sale for 89 cents...grabbed two.
My final tallies...
Spent: $14.27
Saved: $21.13

No comments:

Post a Comment