Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gearing up for Mackinac Island!

So Evan got back from his 8th grade class trip to Mackinac and had a blast.
Now...it's mommy and daddy's turn...to take a trip...ALONE.
We will be heading up to Mackinac Island Thursday thru Sunday while Geeg and Papa stay with the boys. I am so looking forward to some down time, alone time, and just a time to relax and refresh...which is all we do when we go alone. When we take the boys, we spend all of our time keeping them busy and entertained. When Jamie and I go...we spend most of our days taking long walks/hikes through the island, around the perimeter, biking, sitting on the lawn at Mission Point by the lake sipping cremice, and sitting by the fireplaces at night drinking mochas. We just sit...and people watch...enjoy the weather...and do NOTHING.
Sometimes I hate to go to sleep while I'm there because I enjoy being there so much and don't want to sleep my time away. That's how much I love being there.

Gearing up for any trip takes so much time, work, and energy it seems. We'll be working right up until Wednesday evening. Wednesday night we'll have to miss church because Evan has his "Celebr8" ceremony. Similar to an 8th grade graduation I'm assuming.

I still need to do my nails (hands and feet), color my hair, squeeze in a haircut, clean up the house, pack...the list never ends. But it's all worth it in the end. As tiring as all the prep work can be...being there is like a little piece of heaven on earth for Jamie and me.

With everything going on...I'm not sure I'll be posting a lot till we get there (I'll be taking the laptop). So...until next time...keep my seat warm! I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have a great time! I'll email you my phone number so you can give me a call when you get here. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete