Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Home from Mackinac Island...

Ok...so I just realized I posted all my vacation pictures backwards and out of order, LOL! But that's ok...we had a blast none the less. Here's Jam on the ferry...on our way home, LOL!
We sat on a bench under these beautiful flowering trees each day. They smelled HEAVENLY. Between these and the lilacs everywhere...I told Jamie, "This is what heaven smells like." This little buzzy guy kept buzzing all around us...just minding his own business...but very busy none the less, LOL!

I would stop mid-step while we were walking and smell the lilacs and other flowering trees. I think people probably thought I was nuts...I got a few stares...even from a police officer. But the smell of the flowers was just intoxicatingly (if that's a word) beautiful! Most people just don't take time to stop and smell the roses...er, I mean lilacs and other beautiful flowering trees, LOL!



We tried out our timer on our camera in order to get a shot of us in the "Somewhere In Time" gazebo...a feature we don't use often. It worked!



Just another of the many shots at Skull Cave that we have in our collection, LOL!


Just me...hangin' in our room at Mission Point.



This was a bit tricky...Jam told me to climb out on the rocks so he could snap a picture on the water...I made it! LOL!



Enjoying the lilacs!!!


Shhhh! Don't tell him I posted this! LOL! Just relaxing on the lawn at Mission Point.


Just out and about hiking the island.



I think each year we go back, we start to feel our age a little bit more and more as the years pass, LOL! We came to the island on our honeymoon nearly 17 years ago for a short trip and have been coming back regularly each year for the past 10 or so. As wonderful as each trip is...and relaxing as it is...you really start to tire each passing day, LOL! My feet started aching, my fanny hurt from the bike (still does), my back ached, LOL!

We always stop and pause at the "Is it you?" tree from "Somewhere In Time" each year...one of our favorite movies.


LOVE IT!



Just me! Chillin' out!


Me and my honey on the ferry. It just gets better...with each passing year.













No comments:

Post a Comment