Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Tulip Time/KinderParade '10...cont.

This was a crazy busy week for us. It's Tulip Time here in Holland. There are three parades during Tulip Time. The opening parade "VolksParade", the children's parade "KinderParade", and the musical finale "MuziekParade". Evan's middle school band plays at the VolksParade and the KinderParade. Next year in high school he will also play in the MuziekParade. But two is enough for now! Wow were we busy! It rained on Tuesday morning, VolksParade day, but then cleared up for the parade...but was still chilly. I forgot my camera for that parade! I couldn't believe it! I know...bad mommy! But I remembered it for the KinderParade on Wednesday and I got lots of pictures! I'm only sharing a few on the blog...takes forever to load! LOL! To view all of them, feel free to check out my facebook page! Here's Jamie, Nate and I enjoying the parade.

Daddy and Nate waiting for the parade to begin.


Cityside Middle School band...there's Evie playing his trumpet! They plated Bon Jovi..."Livin' on a prayer"...LOL! They did AWESOME! I'm always amazed at the talent of these middle school kids!


This was the first year our middle school had a color guard. The girls did a really nice job!


Here comes Cityside!


Costumed Dutch Dancers carrying the parade banner.


Holland High School band marching in their wooden shoes. They do some fancy footwork while they march..."klompen" around in their wooden shoes! They play Tip Toe Through The Tulips each year...tradition. :)


Each of the elementary schools has a Dutch theme that they march with props. Here were the May poles.


More of the kiddos marching.



I have no clue what these guys were, LOL! "Men In Black"??? But they were nice enough to pose for pictures for everyone and very friendly as they mimed. LOL!

We had a really nice time...lovely weather...yummy fair food...and fun for all! Until next year...Tip Toe Through The Tulips With Me!!! ♪









No comments:

Post a Comment