Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Retire Ronald McDonald? Are you kidding me?!?



I found the following story (see link below) today on my homepage as I was scanning the daily new stories.






Are you kidding me?

Retire Ronald McDonald?

I am happy to see that the answer was a big fat NO WAY!

Ronald McDonald is not causing childhood obesity!!!

I am sick to death of hearing about childhood obesity!!!

Where are these fat children?

Because I'm certainly not seeing them!

I live in a neighborhood with 99 homes, each of them having on average anywhere from 2-6 children per home.

That's a BOAT-LOAD of kids representing America in general.

Where are these fat kids?

I don't see them.

In my neighborhood of hundreds of school children...representing ages birth to highschool...I've seen maybe 1 or 2 children who "MIGHT" fit the term "husky"...but CERTAINLY not "OBESE"!!!

So where are all these obese children the media is speaking of?

I don't think I live in skinny America.

It's not just my town.

I think alot of it is bunk. I really do.

Sure, we want our kids to eat healthy.

But seriously...

The occasional Happy Meal, pizza, taco, or french fry is NOT going to kill them!

I do NOT believe food (of any kind) is EVIL.

I let my kids have candy.

I let my kids have cookies.

We have always believed "everything in moderation".

My boys know they have to eat a good dinner if they want their bedtime treat/dessert.

And as for obesity?

Ummm...

Don't go blaming it on tv, video games, and computers.

My boys have plenty of that too.

But they also love running around, riding bikes and scooters, playing ball, you name it.

In fact...

Last time I took my boys in for their well-child check-ups...

Their doctor actually told me they were BELOW the average weight for kids their age and height!

She told me to start buying WHOLE MILK to pack some calories on them!

Are you kidding me?

So you wanna talk childhood obesity?

I say, SHOW ME.

Where are these so-called over-weight children?

I'd love to see them.

Because there aren't any around my parts!

And by the way...

Leave Ronald McDonald alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment