Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tulip Time '10

Saturday we made it to downtown Holland for Tulip Time. I don't think, in all the years we've gone, that we've ever gone on a Saturday. Now...I know why. CRAZY BUSY! Holy moly. Parked seven blocks away from the park!
We had fun though. The boys and I tolerate crowds pretty well...the hubs...not so much. He didn't join us that day.

We walked through Centennial Park and enjoyed the tulips. They had a craft fair going on as well...which made it even MORE crowded.


The boys humored me and let me take their pictures. We watched the Dutch Dancers. Not the boys' favorite thing. Nate says, "It's the same thing every year." Ev says, "Nothing changes." But I still like to see it every year.



The boys enjoyed some of the festival food. Nate got a hotdog, Ev got a corndog, and they shared some cheese fries. They took a funnel cake to the park to eat while we watched the dancing. I, being on a diet, endured the torture of all the heavenly smells of fair food. I was good. I only had a couple nibbles of their goodies!



We are praying for no rain. At least on Wednesday and Thursday...as those are the two parades Evan is marching in with the band.


Will try to post some pics of the parade soon! Happy Tulip Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment