Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Talking to the "right" people...

Sometimes in life, as I see so many relationships failing...and by relationships, I mean friendships, marriages, coworkers, etc...I think one of the biggest issues people are facing now...is...
Not talking to the "right" person.
When people argue, disagree, fight, get upset with each other...
There is a breakdown in communication.
And what do the majority of people do when this happens?
Do they talk to the person they're having a problem with?
(Their friend, their spouse, their coworker, etc.)
No.
They go spill the beans to someone else.
Everyone is anxious to go tell their buddy how "terrible" their friend treated them.
How "awful" their husband is.
How "bad" their wife is.
How "nasty" their coworker" is.
What does this accomplish?
Well, let's see...
It's gossip.
It's tearing down the other person.
It's spreading things about the other person that no one else needs to know except the person involved with them.
It distances you even more from the person.
It "accomplishes" NOTHING.
Nothing except BAD.
People will give you the line, "Pray for me _______" and they'll go into detail all about their relationships.
I really don't believe it's right to share all the details.
You can ask someone to pray for you without spilling the beans.
The person we REALLY need to be talking to when we're having relational issues is...
The Friend.
The Spouse.
The Coworker.
But the reason many people aren't talking to "the person", I believe, is that they really have no intention or desire to "fix" the relationship or the issues that are plaguing them.
They are enjoying complaining to other people.
They hope to gain sympathy.
They are looking for things from other people instead of the person they should be talking to in order to "fix" the realtionship.
I know when my husband and I have disagreements, I don't run and tell my friends, family, etc.
I don't think it's anyone's business.
And I don't think it's right.
No one needs to know what we're going through except God and us.
All that needs to take place is COMMUNICATION between US.
When we come together and talk, we can break down barriers, solve problems, and tackle our differences.
It is then that we grow even closer together and our love grows deeper for each other.
So...
Who are YOU talking to?

No comments:

Post a Comment