Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I am hoping I jinxed the flu away from my family! LOL!



So I went and did my usual couponing at Walgreens this week. They had lots of cold, flu, and pain meds on sale this week. And even though everyone around us is or has been sick...we have remained relatively healthy. So I figured I'd stock up on all these cold, flu, and pain meds, thinking maybe since I'm so stocked up and PREPARED for it...maybe, just maybe it will pass us right on by! LOL!

I also got some great deals on haircare for myself.
Dove haircare products were on sale Buy 1, Get 1 FREE. So at $4.99 a piece, which I would NEVER pay for one bottle...that get's it down to approx. $2.50 a bottle with the BOGO...which is STILL a bit high in this frugal momma's mind. Well, I added a $1.00 off coupon on each item and a $1.50 off on one of them...getting them all down to $1.50 and one for $1.00. Not too bad for Dove products! I ended up getting two shampoos, two conditioners, and two hair sprays.

I also got a great deal on some ColorSilk hair color...got three at $1.99 each.

And with the cold/flu season upon us, I took the opportunity to stock up on antibacterial soap which was on sale...regular $6.29...on sale for $3.99. I got two 64 oz. tubs of those!

My tally for this trip was:
Spent: $41.07
Saved: $45.65

Oh yeah...SAVED more than I spent!!!
Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment