Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin guts, pumpkin guts, lots and lots of slime!

Tonight was pumpkin carving night at our house! Both of the boys actually picked their own pumpkin FROM the patch this year. We usually go to the farmer's market or something, but it was fun to actually get them from the patch this year. Here's Nate getting ready to design his pumpkin. You can see all seeds off to the side. We love to dry and roast them with butter, salt, and worchestershire sauce.
It was neat because both of the boys chose totally different types of pumpkins. Nate's is a brighter orange and completely round and squatty. Evan's is a deeper orange and taller and thinner. We have lots of patterns for jack-o-lanterns, but Ev decided to design his own pumpkin face this year.


Nate surprised me this year...he's really come a long way in his pumpkin carving skills! He cleaned out that pumpkin great! There weren't any guts left at all! I usually have to do more for him. He did all the "poking" for his design too. I offered to help him and he matter of factly told me, "I'm a big boy, you don't have to do that anymore". LOL!

I did help Nate with the actual carving. Those little "saws" that come with the carving kits are quite sharp and I'm not quite ready to let him loose with one of those. He chose a "Gobster"...I'm guessing it's a cross between a "goblin" and a "monster", LOL! It was a cute little pattern.



And here is Nate's finished product. A cute little gobster if I do say so myself! Great job Natee! We had so much going tonight between homework and such that Evan didn't quite finish his. I'll have pictures of his tomorrow night. We concluded our night with pizza and "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown". It was a fun night. Halloween is my second favorite season to Christmas. I'm just like a little kid. More Halloween pics coming! Until then...Happy Haunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment