Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just one little word...

It's amazing how powerful our words are.
They can cut and hurt worse than anything physical pain.
But they can also bring more joy than anything thinkable!
Today I was told that I was an "answer to prayer".
WOW!
Now that's powerful!
The person proceeded to tell me that after so many negative things happening in their life that I brought them the answer they needed and so much joy they wanted to cry.
Double WOW!
Sometimes this is all we need.
Little did this person I was speaking with know...that just by saying THAT to ME...brought me immense joy!
After a very stressful, chaotic, emotional, exhausting week...this was just the little something that really made my day.
When you're a person like me...a person who is always striving for perfection...in everything...it can become emotionally exhausting...physically exhausting...
And eventually...you find yourself breaking down at times.
But just these few little words spoken to me...from a complete stranger...made my day.
To me...this was just an example of how we need to choose our words carefully...and not only choose them carefully, but also take the time to speak what's REALLY on your heart to those around us.
Did someone do something nice for you?
Did someone make you feel good?

Does someone bless you?
These may be things that the other person has no clue they're doing...but TELL THEM!
Don't wait...TELL THEM!
Sometimes...it's these little words that we share with people...these are the words that they really need to hear at that precise moment.
And sometimes...like in my situation today...we ended up blessing EACH OTHER!
What I did for this person blessed her...and her sharing with me and speaking these words blessed me immensely!
Don't hold back...show the people in your life...no matter how close they are...how much they mean to you!
Thank them...love them...bless them!

No comments:

Post a Comment