Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

These are the times your heart sings...

I have to say...that I try to be a good example to my children.
I have tried to instill to them the importance of giving and sharing with others.
I just had to brag on my Nate for a few moments.
He has just been sharing examples one right after the next with me of how generous he truely is.
The amazing thing is...as a child...he thinks nothing of it.
He'll share a story with me...just like it's nothing...out of the blue.
And until I say something to him about how generous he was or how kind he was...he doesn't even think about it.
It makes my heart swell with pride (Lord forgive me...not pride in a bad way...) that he is learning to be kind and generous without even giving it a second thought.
Today he shared his snack with a little girl at recess because she didn't have anything to eat.
Last night, he asked if he could bring in some cookies for his three pizza party buddies today at school, because "we need dessert mom and we have so much food to share with others". LOL!
It's cute...but it just blesses me that he has such a big heart.
And it's not just his school friends...he's always giving pencils, stickers, and other things of his to the daycare kids.
I am just so proud to call him my son. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment