Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oh the joys of shoping at Target with coupons...



Ya know...I "thought" they were getting better.

My last several trips had been good.

I had cashiers who actually KNEW their coupon policy and didn't question or screw things up.

But eventually, you go in, and STILL run in to a cashier who is completely unfriendly and inept at her job.

I first off must say, that when I go in using coupons anywhere, I try to be super friendly, chatty, and appreciative of my cashier hoping to put them at ease and let them know I'm not there to be a big problem case for them.

Well today at Target...I had a cashier I had never seen before. And as her luck would have it...I had a coupon for every item I was purchasing. Let me first say, every coupon was legit (as they always are...I am NOT a scammer!) and NONE of them were difficult.

I really don't understand WHY she had such problems.

She first tried to tell me I couldn't use a Tide coupon on a travel size. SOME coupons DO say this...but this coupon said "good on ANY SIZE Tide product". This product was priced at 97 cents and as Target policy states, they will give you up to the dollar amount charged.

Her: "You can't use this coupon"

Me: "Oh? Why is that?"

Her: "It's a travel size"

Me: "Oh really, I believe it says ANY SIZE Tide product ma'am"

Her: "NO, I KNOW it says somewhere on here NO TRAVEL SIZE, I had one of these the other day"

Me: "Maybe we can read it and check or ask the manager"

Her: (she asks the cashier next to her)

Other cashier: "You can use it on travel size items Tammy, you just give up to the dollar amount charged for the item"

Her: "Hmph!"

LOL...it was pretty funny.

Well she made it clear from then on out she was going to give me a rough time with every item.

And I made it clear I was going to be as friendly and helpful to her as possible and I think she hated that even more! LOL!
In the end, I got some really great deals, including...
Tide travel size...priced at 97 cents...used a $1.00 coupon...FREE.
Dove travel size deoderant...priced at 97 cents...used a $1.00 coupon...FREE.
Bumble Bee Tuna pouches...priced at $1.37...used a $1.00 coupon...37 cents.
Degree deoderant and body spray...$3.29 each ($6.58 total)...used a $1.50 man. coupon for each...plus a $3.00 off Target coupon...making them 29 cents each.
Glade Scented Oil Candle Tins...priced at $2.64 ($5.28 for both)...used a $2.00 off two coupon making them $1.64 a piece...PLUS...I had two coupons "Receive a FREE refill pack when you buy a candle tin"...those are priced at $2.99 each...so in the end...I got two candle tins and two refill packs which normally would have totalled $11.64...all for $3.28!
My tally was:
Spent $6.22
Saved $17.25
Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment