Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's a wonder...


As I was buzzing about the house tonight...
Doing what I do...
I had a thought.
It started with the dishes. I had to put away the clean ones first. I had five cupboard doors open at once, the dishwasher door open, two drawers open...
Then I turned around...
And I saw it...
Evan's gym bag...
Reminding me...
That I needed to pack him clean clothes...
But before that, I needed to throw in a load of dirties in the washer.
As the dishwasher door lay open and all the cupboards still still not closed...
I start the water running and add detergent in the washing machine and walk away...
I put clean clothes into his bag.
Throw a few clothes into the washer...
Remembering I left everything undone in the kitchen...
So...
I walk back and toss everything into it's proper cabinets and drawers.
Walk back to the washer and finish loading...
Upon seeing Nate's backpack...
Realizing...
He needs a snack packed.
Cookies packed.
What's that...
Down the hall...
Oreo's bowl is empty.
As I walk into the laundry room to get the kitty food...
I see there are still dry clothes in the dryer.
If I want my clean clothes dried...
I must fold and put away these dry clothes.
Reaching for the dryer door...
I see that I have still forgotten to feed kitty.
Feed kitty...check.
Oh dear...
What's that I see?
The door is still open to the dishwasher...
It's empty.
But the sink is full.
I fill it with dirties.
This is my life...
Not unlike anyone else's.
But I had a thought tonight...
I think it's the way I go about doing things.
My husband always says I always have a million "half done" projects going on at once. He wonders why I can't finish one thing and then move to the next.
I can't.
It drives me crazy.
I see something...
I have to at least "start" it.
And usually that means I walk away and start something new at the same time.
I never have just one thing going.
I usually have at least five or six things going at once.
And here was my thought tonight...
Honestly...
It's a wonder...
I haven't flooded the house, burnt it down, or killed myself! LOL!
I have...however...
Overflowed the bath-tub, burnt cookies, shrunk clothing, and gotten many bruises. LOL!
But...
This is me.
It's who I am.
My family loves me...quirky...crazy...and all!

1 comment:

  1. O. It sounds like me!! I think anyone who stays home with small children all day ( either their own or someone else's ) must suffer some form of ADD!! We just have way too many things going on at once!! Love the new look...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete