Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Yes...even the cat is in coupon/money-saving mode!

So...little Mr. Spoiled (a.k.a. Oreo Flower) has long forgotten the days at the shelter when he had to eat whatever was put in front of him (a.k.a. survival). Now, he lives "The Good Life"...literally. That's the only food he wants. "The Good Life". Well...it's not like it's the super expensive food the vet sells...but it IS more expensive (a little) than what Pouncie used to eat (Cat Chow). And "The Good Life" seldom puts out coupons...it's pretty rare. Sooooo...


What I've been doing...is...purchasing the less expensive food (Cat Chow) which always puts out coupons...and always goes on sale...meaning I can get it super cheap. And...I mix. Oreo gets half a scoop of Cat Chow and half a scoop of The Good Life. We tried just giving him Cat Chow. He turned his nose up at it. But...as long as he's got half a scoop of his "Good Life"...he's a happy kitty. He comes trotting over when I bring the two bags out...I put half a scoop of Cat Chow in...he pauses...I put in half a scoop of The Good Life...mix it...he gobbles it right up. LOL! What a crazy cat. And as for me...I get to make the more expensive food last twice as long! Thanks Oreo...we all have to give and take a little in this economy!

No comments:

Post a Comment