Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

(not so)Pretty Pancakes...


No...homemade pancakes (at least mine) never seem to be very "pretty". They never turn out perfectly round like those at restaurants. But, on the flip side...I love the taste of homemade pancakes FAR BETTER than any restaurant. Restaurants never seems to make them the way I like them. They're always too soft...which in turn makes them far too mushy when you pour the syrup on them. I like my pancakes a bit crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside...a tiny slather of (real) butter, and just a HINT of syrup. Nothing worse than a plate full of mush. Bleck.
So on Saturday, we slept in and made a huge brunch.
Jamie loves sausage gravy and biscuits, as do the boys.
They're ok...but I'm not that big of a fan.
So he made that.
I made pancakes and bacon.
And since (my) homemade pancakes never turn out perfectly round anyway (hey, it gives them character)...I decided to make them fun (just like geeg).
I made both of the boys a Mickey Mouse head...complete w/ chocolate chip eyes, nose, and mouth! Teehee!
It was a hit. They enjoyed them.
And I enjoyed my not so perfect, but very yummy crispy, fluffy pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. I like homemade pancakes better than restaurant pancakes, too! (We just had some last night.)

    ReplyDelete