Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Natural Advantage Skin Care System...


Ok, so I'll admit it...
I'm a sucker for tv infomercials.
They suck me in hook, line, and sinker!
I mean honestly, I'll try anything ONCE.
I mean why not?
What have you got to lose?
So...
Jane Seymour's Natural Advantage Skin Care System comes on a couple weeks ago.
I am extremely conscientious about my skin.
As I've gotten older, the very thought of fine lines, wrinkles, laugh lines, crows feet, frown lines...well...
IT TERRIFIES ME!
I love seeing older women with beautiful skin.
Now I'm not naive enough to think there is any miracle cure-all out there.
But I do know, if you're willing to spend a little extra money, you can get better products.
I'm not saying break the bank...I know there are creams out there for $300-$500 and that is something I would NEVER consider doing.
But...
Instead of spending $5.99 at WalMart on my Olay (or rather Equate store brand) cleanser, I'm willing to bump up the cost a tad...I'm willing to do it if it gives me good results.
I believe in taking care of my skin.
I have always used my Olay (Equate) Cream Cleanser to cleanse my face.
And to moisturize and fight wrinkles, I've used the Anew line from Avon.
I never really noticed any dramatic visible changes in my skin over the years since I've been using the Anew wrinkle creams.
So...
Here comes the Natural Advantage infomercial, with all these amazing testimonies and Jane Seymour swearing she's never had "work" done...
So I thought...
Why not give it a try.
And honestly...
It's not that expensive!
I received my starter kit for $29.95 and it lasts for 30 days.
So broken down...we're talking less than a dollar a day for a complete skincare system. I don't think that's too bad.
BECAUSE...
When I thought about my "old" ways...
I'd spend $5.99 on my Olay cleanser and depending on the sale I could find on Anew products...those puppies are anywhere from $38-$45!!!
So already...that could possibly tally more than $50.00!!!
The Natural Advantage kit came with a cleanser, daily moisturizer, night time repair cream, neck firming cream, and a peel to start you off.
If you want to continue the product...you can sign on for their auto-delivery and they will send you a supply for three months each time.
I have decided to try it out this month and see how it goes.
I have to tell ya...I was totally cheesey and took before pictures without my make-up on so I could see if I got results. I'm still not sure if those will be posted...they're pretty scarey! LOL!
Day 1...Night time "peel". I've never done a peel before. It was a small moistened pad that you rub over your entire face and neck. A couple of the products warn that you could experience mild tingling or redness if you have sensitive skin. I didn't experience this at all with the peel.
Day 2...A.M. Cleanse and Daily Moisturizer...all went well. P.M. Cleanse and Night-Time Repair Cream and also bonus gift Neck Firming Cream...all went well again...although I noticed my neck was a tad bit red from the neck firming cream...which they say is totally normal. I guess it's the Retinol that can cause a bit of irritation in the beginning stages they say.
Day 3...A.M. Cleanse and Daily Moisturizer. That's as far as I am.

I'm going to try to give updates, because I have several friends wanting to know if it really works as well as it says it does.
They say you should START to see results in a few as 14 days...but have NOTICIBLE results in 8 weeks.
I do have to say...my neck and under my chin...they are SO soft and smooth! So until we find out more on the fine lines/wrinkles, uneven skin tone, etc...at least we know it DOES give you REALLY smooth skin! My neck used to get quite dry and almost bumpy. Now, it truely is soft and smooth like it's never been before. So I'll give it that for now!
Something I'm really hoping to get from it is even skin tone. My cheeks have gotten so blotchy over the years. I would love to have "pretty" skin.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment