Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Realizations in life...



With age...


I have come to realize...


That I will never be the size I was when I was twenty one and got married. Though some days when I look at my wedding pictures and remember purchasing that size seven dress...and it was TOO BIG...and had to be taken in, in multiple places...I see it...and want to cry because I am no longer that size...I also realize that nearly seventeen years later, two babies later...I've only gone up one size...I don't look half as bad as I could. And though I'm terribly hard on myself for every pound I've gained over these past seventeen years, I have realized that REAL women have curves...and I'm grateful I have a husband who knows and appreciates that too.


I have also realized...


That is takes a L-O-N-G time for some of us to develop our self-esteem and confidence. It is just now, that I am learning to accept a compliment from someone and know that they truly do mean it and it's ok for me to feel good about that.


I have also realized...


Age brings wisdom and knowlege...in many ways. I am learning simple (and maybe superficial things to some people) like how to look better as I age (taking care of my skin, hair color, "trying" to limit junk, "trying" to exercise). Finding the right clothing for my body (not what looks good on a teenage girl who's never carried a child). How to play up what you've got (no, we'll never look like a model, but finding our best asset and playing it up goes a long way!).
I've also realized...


Accepting what I've got is key...I am blessed beyond measure. My home, car, family, friends, job...truely blessed.


I just need to remind myself of these things...when I get depressed...because...in reality...life is good!


No...life is great!!!






1 comment: