Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It may be frigid outdoors, but my plants are flourishing indoors!









Well, I must say...as frigid as it's been outdoors...my plants continue to thrive inside! Woohoo! I am so excited because over the years, I've developed a green thumb to some extent.



I used to kill everything. Ask my mom about "Hermie" whom she took over and nursed back to health.




The plant you see at the bottom left here...Jamie brought home, deathly ill, bent over, with two little leaves on it. Well with a little Miracle Grow and a lot of TLC, my croton has grown like a weed!



The peace lily is doing amazingly well too. It would be doing even better if Oreo would leave it alone. For some reason, he finds this plant amazingly tasty and is always nibbling on it. I did not know until I recently read in the paper that peace lilies are harmful to pets! Well, Oreo has been munching on mine for over a year with no health problems, LOL! I read in the paper in "Heloise's" section that misting white vinegar on plants will help keep pets away from them. Well, I tried it...and sure enough...Oreo hates it! So my peace lily is getting some "Oreo-free" time to revive.

Check out the African Violet my mom gave me! Isn't it doing amazing?!?!

And how about my dwarf orange tree and bougainvillea? They are growing so tall, I've had to wrap and twist them up over the cabinets and blinds! LOL!

I guess I'm finally doing something right! My indoor plants are keeping me happy till spring gets here. I can't WAIT to start planting flowers outside again!











No comments:

Post a Comment