Pages

Friday, January 30, 2009

Such is life...

Today is Friday. All I can say is "YEA". As terrible as it sounds, I live for the weekends. Not that my Monday-Friday is all that bad...but do you ever get the feeling like you're living your life straight out of the movie "Groundhog Day"? Get up every day, do the same thing...over and over and over again.

I suppose I SHOULD be grateful I CAN EVEN get up and do things. I should be grateful I'm healthy enough to get up out of bed. I should be grateful I have a job to work. I should be grateful I have a family to get ready in the morning. All these things to be grateful for.

But sometimes, it just seems life gets so "ho-hum"...I get the "duldrums" (I don't even know if I spelled that right! LOL!) I get bored.

All my adult life as I was working other jobs, all I ever wanted was to get licensed and open my own home childcare business so I could work from home. Now...I almost feel "trapped". I went back to school and got certified in dental assisting and radiography. Yet all the jobs out there in that field are part-time and pay so little. Being in childcare, if I stay full...I can make more money doing this than any other job I could ever apply for. See what I mean? Trapped. Even if I wanted to do something different, I would take SUCH a HUGE pay cut. Honestly, if you can do it...childcare brings in alot of money if you can stay full...and keep your sanity...and deal with the kids and parents. LOL!

I don't know why I complain though. Honestly it's a very easy job...physically. Keeping the kiddos safe, happy, loved, and stimulated. Play with them, read to them, do art with them, exercise with them, love them, meet their needs...it doesn't really get much easier than that...if you're the kind of person that can do it. Plus I get to work from home and be here for my boys when they get home or when they're off and make pretty darn good money doing it.

I always say I want to be a stay at home mom. I'm very jealous and sometimes even bitter of sahms. Jamie says, "You really are a sahm...you just happen to get paid very well to do it!" It's true. But I told him the one thing that sets me apart from other sahms is, I am "tied" to this house. I can't go volunteer at the boys schools whenever I feel like it. I can't just clean the house. I can't have dinner on the table. I can't run errands. I am tied to the daycare kids.

I don't know...it's a very good job. A very easy job...with the exception of dealing with licensing. That's a pain in the butt. But other than that...I suppose I should count my lucky stars and thank the good Lord I have such a good career and I get to be home.

I suppose everyone has complaints about their job. So it's no big deal. Life goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment