Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blizzard + Snow day = Cookie baking w/ the boys!

Well...two days in a row...snow days for the boys. You know it must be bad because Zeeland NEVER cancels school. We have been under this blizzard warning since last night and I just heard they are extending it from 4pm today until 6am tomorrow. Eeek! And...I GOT THE DAY OFF TOO! Everyone called in today! Woohoo! In seven years, this have NEVER happened! I am so enjoying my day off. I decided to do something fun with the boys...making sugar cookies.
They had a blast cutting out their cookies. Anymore, I do less and less for them. They did really well rolling out and cutting their own cookies.

They still need a little help getting them onto the baking sheet...as they tend to stick and break without mom's help flouring and scraping techniques.
They decided to use colored sugar on some...and frost the others.

Some of our masterpieces!


I promised them they could lick the frosting spoons after we were done. We had a fun time.
We're thinking we may go out and get some errands done now...call us crazy...but we don't have milk for our cookies! Here's to safe travels!






1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! looks like so much FUN & you boys need to send me some of those cookies....I have milk...hehe!

    ReplyDelete