Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Cheese Ball

My mom's cheese ball has been around for as long as I can remember at each Christmas get together. She's made it forever. And now, I have taken over making it.
So here is where the problem starts.
This year, I go out to buy all the ingredients...and it's always hard to find the little Kraft jars of Roka...but after searching in many stores, I find it.
Well, this year...after going to half a dozen stores...I still couldn't find it.
Only to look on the Kraft website and discover that their message board is CRAMMED full of THOUSANDS of angry customers complaining because Kraft decided to NO LONGER MAKE the Roka!!! Do you know how many holiday recipes are now messed up this year? I was so upset. This is the ONE treat I look forward to each Christmas.
Well...
Thankfully, someone posted a "substitution" and I'm hoping and praying it works and turns out just as well.
Many of you have asked for this cheese ball recipe so...here goes...and I hope it turns out well for you with the substitution...and my apologies if it doesn't. :(


Cheese Ball

2 jars Kraft Old English Cheese

1 jar Roka (discontinued, see substitution)
(substitution 8 oz of cream cheese mixed with 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles, mix until smooth/creamy...now because the Roka is only a 5 oz jar, you won't need all of this mixture...only 5 oz. will be needed of this mixture)

2 pkg. (8 oz each) cream cheese

small chopped onion

dash Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients together, refrigerate. Form into a ball and roll into chopped pecans and parsley. Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment