Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Mom! I roasted venison and I LOVE it!"


I'm pretty sure, that if I told Evan that I was going to cook and serve venison for dinner...he'd probably turn his nose up at it.
Well...at least I "thought" he probably would.
Until...
Last night.
The boys had Royal Rangers last night and Evan has been working on his Survival Skills merit.
One of the older boys had gone hunting and got a buck and brought the meat in.
They made a giant fire out back in the woods behind the church.
From what Evan told me, they all cooked their own meat on a stick on the open fire.
He said he really liked it.
I asked if he's going to turn into a hunter...which I really doubted with his love for animals.
But he said, "You never know...it was really good!"
The boy surprises me.
None of us are very outdoorsy.
We don't hunt.
We hate camping.
We're pretty much city-slickers.
I love working in the yard in the spring...but that's the extent of my love of the outdoors.
But that Evan...he loves camping, fishing, and who knows...now...maybe he will be a hunter!
More power to ya Ev...we're proud of ya...we love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment