Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A pressie? For me?

I had a pretty rough day today...
...and we'll just leave it at that.
Rough day on the job.
So anyway...Wednesdays are always busy, chaotic, and stressful.
Not only do we work till 5:30, but most every week...all our clients are running late.
Then add to that, I swear, EVERY Wednesday, Evan will have a test in EVERY SINGLE class.
So he and Jamie are cramming and studying like crazy in order to prepare...before Jamie makes dinner...
So the we can have a quick dinner...
Before...
Rushing off to church.
Well...
Tonight, we come home from church and the light on my answering maching is flashing.
A knot in my stomach...
I swear, every night I get a message...it's generally a client asking if they can come early, stay late...(sigh)...
So...
I push the button.
And listen...
It's my Avon lady.
I think, "I don't have anything ordered..."
And she says, "Hello Melody, Just wanted to let you know I stopped by and you were gone. I left a little bag on your porch...there's a little gift there for you. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your business and how nice it's been getting to know you."
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
How sweet!
I totally wasn't even thinking...
She does this every year.

For the past three years, she's surprised me with a little gift!
So I go out to the porch and there's the bag.
Inside is a gift all wrapped up.
I open it and it's the most adorable snowman watch!
She's just the sweetest gal.
And this just made my day.
Sometimes after a bad day...it's just these little things that come our way to brighten things up! :)

1 comment: