Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

You're only as old as you feel...


You're only as old as you feel...that's what they say...right?
My mind feels incredibly young!
Maybe younger than ever!
I cannot believe it will be TWENTY years in June that I graduated from high school! It can't be!!!
I am SO JEALOUS of my hubby. He has the most perfect skin!!! He's nine years older than me and his skin looks the same as the day I met him! It's flawless! He has rosy cheeks, smiling eyes...he looks so youthful...especially now that he got rid of all that facial hair! He looks as young as the day I met him!
ME?!?!
What happened?
Laugh lines, crows feet, worry lines...bring on the wrinkle cream, where is the line filler?
Thirty seven years old and using wrinkle cream...eeek!
How come we gals have to use all this junk on our face and our hubbies get off so easy?
Sheesh.
Oh...then there's the dark circles under my eyes.
What's up with that?
Could I possibly put any more chemicals and concoctions on my face?
Scrubs, creams, treatments, filler, cover-up, make-up...
Oh my.
I don't want to go back to high school.
I just don't want to look old.
I feel so young still in my mind.
Now my body...that's another story.
I regret the day I ever chuckled at my grandma for saying she knew if was gonna rain because her arthritis was acting up.
IT'S TRUE!!!
The arthritis in my knees acts up so bad when the weather changes...all thanks to "the olive incident"...just ask Evan about that...but that's another story, LOL!
What makes me REALLY feel old is when I see these new "starlets" on tv or in magazines and I see the year they were born...1989?...1990?...are you kidding me?
I AM SO OLD!
And it doesn't help that Evan turned thirteen this year.
I have a teenager?!?!?!
I can't be that old!
Nate keeps me young.
The other day he saw an old picture of me from highschool and said, "Mom, you look SOOOOO much prettier now."
LOL!
Thanks Nate.
Don't know whether to take that as a compliment or what...
LOL!
But...I guess I should just be thankful I'm healthy...and have lots of memories...and a wonderful family...and lots of friends!
We all get old.
It's what we do with our life that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment