Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

What makes you smile?

The older I get...
I realize more that it's the "little" things that really make me happy.
Oh sure...
Who wouldn't love to win the lotto?
Who wouldn't love to travel extensively?
But anymore...
The older I get, the more I realize it's the little things in life that make my day and put a smile on my face.

What makes me smile...

A good candle...first pick Yankee...but hey, Glade is coming out with some pretty good ones now too. I have to say, my whole house smelled of "Creamy Custard & Blushing Apple" last night...and it was divine.

A good lipstick...the perfect color...one that lasts...one that doesn't dry your lips and keeps them moisturized...lovin' the Avon Glazewear Lip Glosses.

A clean counter-top...I love looking in my kitchen when all the dishes are clean and put away, all the mail, school papers, church bulletins, and other "junk" have found their spots and I can actually SEE my counter-tops!

Cute socks...sorry, can't help it...I love warm, thick, quality socks with cute patterns on them. My feet are always cold and there is nothing better than cozy feet.

Homemade guacamole...a new discovery of mine...discoverd I like it...found a great recipe...and I could eat it till the cows come home w/ Doritos!

Great nail polish...PLEASE, this is one I need help with...I LOVE LOVE LOVE having pretty polished nails...but in my line of work, I SERIOUSLY (no lie) wash my hands probably one hundred times a day...is there a "stay put" polish that will last through all these washings? But anywho, great nails totally rock my world!

A good haircut...there is NOTHING that boosts my self-confidence more than a great cut. When a stylist does what I tell her, offers suggestions, and gives me input on how to style...it's great. A good hair day=a happy momma.

Coupons...yes, they excited me. Call me lame. But coupons really make me smile! I don't think I've paid full price for ANYTHING since February...and it's my full intention to continue this the rest of my life!

Magazines...they totally make my day. Seeing a new magazine in my mailbox just brightens my day. If you saw the stacks and stacks of magazines I have by my bed, your mouth would drop open...but I now have so many free subscriptions, I don't have time to read them all. But I totally adore my magazines, LOL!

Pink and yellow...yes the colors pink and yellow make me smile. Especially together. I think they are beautiful together. I told my husband, if I were single and had a house on my own, there would be some shade of pink in every room of the house, LOL!

Sugarless gum...it's a "must-have" in my purse. Addiction!

Fabric softener...Silly, I know...but you try a load of laundry without it...and dryer sheets just don't cut it. When I forget to put the Downey or Snuggle in the "ball" and I get a load of "crunchy" clothes...(shiver)...it's not a good thing.

Holidays...and not just the holiday themself...but the people and places who go out of their way to decorate and celebrate EACH holiday! Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day, Easter, July 4th, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...I think I've got them all covered as far as decorations go...I may not have alot for some of the holidays...but hey, they all deserve their "due time". Why not have fun with it?

Fun mail...REAL mail. NOT e-mail. A real birthday card, a real Christmas card, etc...they mean so much more than an e-greeting.

Furry creatures...CATS to be specific...what can I say, they make me happy. I can have the worst day, and Oreo will climb up on my lap...and I start petting him, he lays on my lap...and the stress (temporarily) dissolves.

Accessories...yeah...shoes, jewelry, belts, scarves, purses...you name it...they're fun!

Autumn...the BEST season of the year in my opinion...the colored leaves, the pumpkins and gords, corn mazes, carving jack-o-lanterns, trick-or-treating, spiced cider, caramel apples...what's not to love!

Pictures...I'm no pro...but I take alot of pics...no one can ever say our family won't have memories captured. I get as far as posting them online, developing them to prints...but my scrapbooking skills are a little lacking. Oh well...I'm trying!

Blogging...I love it. Those who read this know. What you see is what you get. This is me. I don't share EVERYTHING. But you get alot. I say how I feel.

Coffee...latte', frappe', mocha, etc...you make it, I'll drink it!

Facebook...being able to reconnect with old friends and family...on a DAILY basis...just walking by my computer and seeing what everyone's up to...it's great.

Ya know...
I could go on forever...
But you're getting the picture...
These are the SIMPLE things that make my smile.
They make my day.
I'm a pretty simple person.
It doesn't take much to make me happy.
What makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment