Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nate's Gingerbread House

When Nate gets his mind set on something...you're gonna hear about it till...forever. Well, the other day, he wanted to make a gingerbread house out of graham crackers. I really wasn't in the mood for the mess, but I stopped and thought, "What is the harm? It will make my baby happy. And we have all this extra candy STILL sitting around from Halloween he can decorate it with."
So, we drug everything out. I just so happened to have extra frosting sitting in the frig from our sugar cookies, so I let him use that. We dug out a bunch of candy from the Halloween bowl that no one likes or wants to eat, LOL. (I don't know why it hasn't been thrown away yet, but it came in handy!) So he gooped and gobbed his frosting on and then decorated it to his liking.

I was so happy I let him do it. Something so simple really makes a little guy's day. He was thrilled at his 30 minutes of creativity. And we had fun together. :)


1 comment:

  1. You're such a great mom! It's stuff like that he's gonna remember and share with his family someday!

    ReplyDelete