Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I call it a blessing!


So I ran in Walgreens today because this week they have a special Buy One, Get One Free on their vitamins.
We like to stock up on vitamin c tablets in the winter time with all the colds and flu going around.
So I thought this was a great deal.
So I grab two and head to the register...now, there was no sign posted on the shelf like there was the other day when I grabbed two.
So...
I asked the cashier, "Are these still buy one get one free?"
"No"...she says..."They're ONE DOLLAR a piece!"...as she scans them!
"Would you like to grab some more?"
"You bet I would"...I tell her!
They are regular $5.99 a bottle...so here I was thinking $3.00 was a bargain...but ONE DOLLAR?!?!
So I grabbed every last one on the shelf!
I bought a total of six bottles for a grand total of $6.00.
This was a savings of $29.94!!!
I have enough for all winter now!
She said, "A woman came in a bought a bottle yesterday and the price surprised me when it rang up, but hey, what the register says is what we sell it for."
I said, "Well, I know this may sound silly, but I consider surprises like this a real blessing!"
She said, "That's exactly what it is! In these hard times, every little penny counts...it's definitely a blessing!"
I know...it may seem silly...but it just made my day.
I got $35.94 worth of vitamins for $6.00!!!
A total surprise and blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment