Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I cringed!

As I stood in line at the grocery store today...I cringed as I watched the woman in front of me pay for her groceries.

Why?

Because I used to be just like her.

She waited as the cashier scanned and totaled her groceries. She handed the cashier a bottle return slip and a couple coupons.

Her total was over $117.00...and she didn't have that many groceries.

EEEEEEK!!!

I cringe when I think about it...this was me a couple months ago.

I "THOUGHT" I was using coupons to the best of my ability.

But until I discovered SavingsAngel and all these other awesome couponing blogs...I wasn't NEARLY using them to their fullest extent.

I shuddered as I watched this woman pay $5.97 for a bottle of Head & Shoulders shampoo. OH MY GOSH!!! Nearly $6.00 for shampoo?!?! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! I have bought name brand shampoo every single week for PENNIES!!! And sometimes it's completely FREE and the store is PAYING ME MONEY BACK!!!

I nearly died when I saw her pay $7.97 for hair color. That was me a couple months ago. The last two boxes of hair color I've bought cost me $1.99...and we're talking the best of the best!!!

Some people just don't know.
Others just don't know HOW to do it.
And yet more JUST DON'T CARE!

To me...it's like throwing money out the window.
Flushing it down the toilet.

Maybe if I had more money I'd be this way?
NO!!!
This is too much fun.
I LOVE SAVING MONEY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment