Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last minute deals at Meijer...(Super Saturday)

Today was Super Saturday at Meijer. They had quite a few really good deals!



One of the things I've learned from my thrifty friends is...it's cheaper to buy "block/chunk" cheese and grate it yourself. That being said...

I got...



Meijer Chunk Cheese...regular $5.09 for $2.49 a piece! I got two blocks. They were 16 oz. blocks. Now you figure an 8 oz. bag of shredded cheese is usually anywhere from $2.77 to $3.09 a bag. I got DOUBLE that (16 oz.) for only $2.49!!! That's less that a bag of 8 oz.!!! I am planning to shred it myself and then freeze it in ziplock bags.



I also got Lysol Disinfectant Spray...regular $4.89 a can. It was on sale for 1/2 price, $2.44...plus I had $1.00 coupon making it $1.44!!! Picked up two on that deal.



They had deli ham on sale for $2.99 a pound. I had gotten a register coupon from Meijer a couple weeks ago for $3.00 off any fresh meat purchase...so they paid me a penny to take a pound of ham off them! LOL!

Totino's Pizza Rolls...regular $1.99...always a bargain at 90 cents!

Aunt Millie's Hotdog & Hamburger Buns...regular $3.19...on sale for 90 cents!

Michelina's Frozen Entrees...regular $1.25...a steal at 90 cents...couple that with a manufacturer's coupon for $1.00 off five AND a Meijer Meal Box coupon for $1.00 off five and you're getting them for 50 cents a piece!

Always...regular $3.29...on sale for Buy 2, Get 1 FREE...add a $1.00 off coupon...you're getting them for $1.86 per package!

My totals ended at:
Regular price of groceries...$99.19
I paid...$52.07
Savings$47.12

It was a great shopping trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment