Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

"We're not into brand names..."

Recently when telling someone about SavingsAngel, they said to me, "We're not really into brand names, we're fine with generic or store brands."

You know what? Just a few short weeks ago, I too was "fine" with generics and store brands. In fact, I HAD to be. I was so tired of my grocery bill being so high, I had resigned myself to buying all store brands and generics.

But here's what people aren't "getting" about SavingsAngel and couponing blogs...

I AM PAYING LESS FOR NAME BRANDS THAN I CAN FOR GENERICS AND STORE BRANDS!

I can't GET generics and store brands for as cheap as I'm getting these name brand items!

So how do they figure???

I'm consistently paying 50-90% less on groceries...sometimes they're even FREE!!!

Please tell me WHY I'd want to buy store brand and generics and pay MORE?!?!

I'll take that Colgate toothpaste for 24 cents and you can pay $1.50 for your generic.

I'll take that Garnier Nutrisse hairspray for FREE AND have the store PAY ME BACK 54 cents and you can pay $1.99 for your generic.

See what I'm saying?

Do you GET it now?

I just don't think people are getting it.

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW I had seen you on Savings Angel! So I'm NOT crazy. Then again, maybe I am...but that's for another blog! LOL

    You're right, people don't get it. Even when you show them and tell them; they just don't get it. I don't know how to make them see other than to bring them with you on a massive shopping spree! LOL

    Amy

    ReplyDelete