Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

A bit behind on my savings posts...but better late than never!



I'm a bit behind this week...as tomorrow starts a new sale ad...but still wanted to share my savings for the past week.




Target had a really awesome deal on General Mills Fiber One Cereal this week. And since this is one of Jamie's favorite cereals, I stocked up! It is regular $3.99 a box. I can't even fathom spending $4.00 on a box of cereal! LOL! Anywho...it was on sale for $2.50 which in itself is a really good deal. Well, I had several $1.00 off manufacturer's coupons and then piggy-backed them with $1.00 off Target coupons making the cereal 50 cents a box!!! Well...the best part came at the end...and I didn't even know it was coming! When the cashier handed me a $5.00 Target Gift card to be used on my next purchase! If you bought five boxes of cereal, you got a gift card!
My totals were:

Saved: $19.95
Spent: $2.50
PLUS...I got a $5.00 gift card!!!

This week at Meijer...I spent more than I have all year long.
BUT...
I saved 60%!!!
So...
I was very happy because I came home sooooo stocked up. My freezer is bursting at the seams. I told the fam, they need to start eating more so I can clear some more room in the freezer and pantry for more bargains! LOL!
My totals were:

Saved: $75.11
Spent: $111.77

Again, I feel so blessed to have learned the couponing "way of life". It really has been a life-changing thing for us! Who knew you could save SO much money!

No comments:

Post a Comment