Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gearing back up for preschool...



Well...I'm getting out of the summer slump.
I always take a break from our daily preschool activities in the summer with the daycare. And I always think it's going to be so nice just having a laid back easy day...but honestly, it gets me in such a slump. I get bored, time goes by so slow, and it makes me fussy.
I need to stay busy!
So...
Here we go!!!
It's September and we're back on track with the school year! Starting up a new year of preschool activities with the daycare.
This month for September we're doing a monthly theme of "Apples/Trees" and "Grandparent's Day". We're focusing on the letters Aa, Bb, and Cc...the numbers 1, 2, and 3...the color RED...and an introduction to shapes. Our monthly Bible lesson is "Adam & Eve" (creation).
Yesterday we did "rip-art" apple trees.
Today we made gifts for our grandparents...little handprint butterflies with poems on them.
I got my booty in gear and got my bulletin board back up and all the info. on it.
I need to get a little more creative with it. Gotta go to the teacher's store and check out what they have. Lately, our Dollar Store has had alot of cute teacher supplies as well!
So...here's to a positive year of daycare/preschool...lots of learning, lots of sharing, lots of smiles, lots of milestones...no illness, no germs, no tantrums...hey, a girl can dream right??? LOL!

1 comment:

  1. girl after my own heart...once again, you sound exactly like me! I must have a PLAN, be ORGANIZED...have totally fallen off "the wagon" this summer as well... You inspire me to get my butt in gear ( again )... LOVE THE BLOG!!! beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete