Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Do I really need it? (Target/Walgreens this week)



As I continue my savings/couponing journey...I am now becoming REALLY stocked up on things. Now, I am getting to the point where I would like to save even MORE money. My new plan is going to be not only "Is it a great buy?"...but "Is it something I really use on a frequent basis and will always need more of and run out of?" At the beginning, you start stocking up on EVERYTHING. But now that my freezer and cupboards "runneth over"...I would like to save more money each week by not purchasing as much. So my new goal will only be "What do I need?" and "Is it an extreme bargain?"


This week at Target...
Some of my bargains included...
Gillette shave gel...on sale for $1.79...used a $1.00 coupon...got it for 79 cents.
Shick Quatro razors for woemn...on sale for $5.99...used a $3.00 coupon...got it for $2.99.
Target Market Place shredded cheese...priced at $1.89...used a 50 cent coupon...got it for $1.39.

My totals at Target were:
Saved: $11.09
Spent: $18.41

At Walgreens...
My bargains included...
Kleenex tissues...on sale for 89 cents...use a Save $1.00 on four coupon...making them 64 cents each.
ColorSilk hair color...regular $3.99...on sale for $1.99...got three of those.
Lindsay Olives...regular $2.19...on sale for 99 cents...got four of those.

My totals at Walgreens were:
Saved: $14.54
Spent: $16.05

Not a bad day for stocking up on things I "really needed".

1 comment: