Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Maybe I've found a new calling, LOL!








Over the weekend, we went to Home Depot because Jamie wanted to buy a new hedge trimmer. Every year we pay a landscaping company to come out and trim our hedges and bushes...and I think finally he just figured, "How hard can it be?" With a one time investment of one of these machines, we would surely save money in the long run. And sure enough, they weren't that expensive. We found a nice "middle of the road" trimmer and ended up paying less than what we pay those guys to come out one time and trim for!
Well, the thing is just down-right wicked looking with all those sharp teeth on it. I said to Jamie, "I am not touching that thing! You're gonna have to do the trimming."
So we get home and he starts trimming...and fussing...about how hard it is to get in between the bushes. You see, Jamie is NOT a very outdoorsy kinda guy. He'll mow the grass and snowblow the driveway, but that's about it. He was fussing about all the long branches poking him and all the spider webs and all the bugs. LOL!
So I said, "Let me have it". Well I took over and let me tell you...I was having a good 'ol time! He finally said to me, "How much more are you gonna take off?"
I trimmed the front hedges. I trimmed the spirea. I trimmed the rose bushes. You name it, I trimmed it. Jamie finally asked if I was going to carve the one shrub into an animal or mushroom shape! LOL!
I had a grand 'ol time! LOL!
Came across a little praying mantis as you can see in the photos above. Nate and I tried our best to move him off the bush I was trimming. We got a little shovel and tried to scoop him off, but he was hanging on for dear life. Well, we lost him...so I kept trimming. And then he popped up again! He just kept moving around. Wherever I'd be trimming, he'd find a new spot to hang out. Crazy little fella.
I just love working in the yard so much. As much as I love to dress up...heels, make-up, nails/toes painted, hair just so...I love getting dirty in the yard. Planting flowers, pulling weeds, trimming, raking...shoot, I don't even mind snowblowing/shoveling in the winter!
Told Jamie, "Maybe I'm in the wrong business. Maybe I need to start up my own landscaping/snowblowing business!" LOL!
We had a grand 'ol time this weekend! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment