Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy/Lazy Sunday...

Today was a busy...yet lazy Sunday. Started the day at church. Really great praise and worship as always and awesome message...see previous post. :)



Came home and got out Jam's new Lion's flag and got ready for "the game". Howies for dinner. During football season, that's usually our Sunday stand-by...unless we actually prepare the day before and have munchies of some kind.



We always do the thin crust...pepperoni and sausage with butter cheese on the crust...and garlic herb over the whole pie. And of course a side of Three Cheeser Howie bread completes the meal.


After dinner, I got some couponing done. A little. Decided to get Walgreens and Target out of the way. I hate trying to combine all my stops on grocery day so I try to get my little stops done on a different day. More on those bargains later!




Also stopped off at Home Depot...that was actually the main reason I wanted to go out today. Wanted to pick up some mums. I am SOOOOOO in the fall spirit and want to decorate so bad...but this terrible heat is putting a damper on everything. Yuck. I am NOT a summer girl. LOVE LOVE LOVE my fall temps, decorations, smells, clothes, everything about fall! So I picked up two pots of kindof a light burgandy/purplish shade. I wanted something dark because I was planning to put them in the center of my pots of dusty miller.





Ran in Target for a few minutes and picked up a couple things. More on those bargains later too! The boys also ended up spending a little of their paper route money. Nate got a Play Mobile set on sale and Ev got a good deal on some Star Wars trading cards in a nice collector's tin.






Came home and got the mums planted and they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! I like the way they look in the middle of the dusy miller. I think dusty miller makes a nice surrounding flower for colorful flowers.
It was a nice day...a relaxing day...but a busy day.
I always hate ending my Sundays...starting to think about starting my work week.
But I am trying to stay positive and remind myself that I am blessed to have a job in these trying economic times.
The boys are ready to go back to school and Ev has his first Cross Country meet on Tuesday of this week.
So...here's to another great week!











1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers! My day was crazy busy as well and I am determined to "get it back on track" this week!

    ReplyDelete