Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lessons in frugality...sinking in!




So...
Today we're getting ready to make a run to Target...and I'm going through my coupons and receipts from last week...sorting them and such.
Found a catalina coupon from Target from last week for $1.00 off anything in their snack bar/cafe area.
Knowing I rarely ever get anything there, I said, "Evan can you toss them in the garbage for me?"
He says...
"MOM! This is a $1.00 off coupon for ANYTHING $1.00 or more in the snack bar! You can't throw it away!"
LOL!
Ok...so I guess all my couponing and frugality are rubbing off on my kids, LOL!
He continues to tell me...
"Mom, they have snack combos for $1.50. You take a dollar off and that's 50 cents! Nate and I split it and it's only a QUARTER EACH! You can't throw that away!"
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Ok...ok...ok...
So I'm like, "You're right. Save it and maybe you can get a snack on the way out."
Sure enough, the boys split the popcorn/pop combo for $1.50...got their dollar off making it 50 cents...shared it and both only paid a quarter.
AND...
They had the sweetest cashier!
She said, "Ooooh! Smart boys! I love coupons! Are you sharing the popcorn?"
When Evan said, "Yes"...
She bagged up TWO bags and gave them each their own!!!
And she didn't fill them just half full (like she should have).
She nearly filled them up!
What a sweetie!
Soooooo...
I guess my boys ARE learning a bit about coupons and frugality from me after all!
Having their own paper route now too really helps.
They are starting to see the value of a dollar!
Lessons learned!

1 comment: